Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday foot fact

Week 14

Friday foot facts is on Good Friday today and I'm keeping it short and sweet. It used to be very customary to wash your guests feet about some 2000 years ago. It usually was to refresh them from travelling in sandals, if you had sandals but most didn't have the luxury of having foot wear. I can just imagine how dirty feet could get in that day and age, in fact even our sandal adorned feet in the middle of an urban market will get dirty too.

Why I'm touching the subject of washing feet is because I have had some people tell me it's a bit degrading to bend down to someone else's feet, to which I usually reply that some important historical figures have washed the feet of many in humility. As the story goes: Jesus washed the feet of his apostles before the last supper.

I have been brought up in a spiritual home but even though I hardly practice my spirituality in church, I do have to say I feel I practice it every day in my work. I just feel blessed that many have trusted me with their aches and pains on a daily basis, grateful to the support others have given me in my practice.

Last but not least.....Good Friday and Happy Easter to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All questions and comments are welcomed.