Sunday, November 20, 2011

Putting my best foot forward.

My introduction in the world of aesthetics began at a very early age. Being the youngest of my siblings, I grew up in a family of esthetician and hairstylists. It was a given that I was going to become one of them sooner or later. Little did I know that it wasn't the countless color palettes, compressed powders, many shades of foundations and brushes galore that would hold my true attention. Or the endless jars of moisturizers, exfoliants and masks. Don't get me wrong, I'll always enjoy a great moisturizer that makes my skin supple and soft.

When I began my education in the field, some of my fellow students were going to specialize in different fields in the world of aesthetics. Make up artists, award winning nail technicians and talented body therapists.   I know now, after some 15 yrs in the industry, that it isn't the beauty of aesthetics that intrigues me the most but how health is the basis of beauty for me. 

My true passion is footcare, I've become truly dedicated in learning as much as I could in the field, furthered my studies, specialized myself in it. Educating my clients while performing footcare is most important, with tips and tricks to maintain their feet between pedicures. You see the type of pedicures I perform are very close to being medical, dealing with corns and calluses, thickened and coarse toenails. I quite enjoy the challenge of it and I'm always excited to see what I can do to help maintain the health of them

Hopefully, you will be entertained and educated at the same time. I will talk about different types of problems and solutions for your feet and skin, all within my scope of practice and keeping it as simple as I can.

Any questions are welcomed, don't be shy about the good, the pretty and the ugly of some feet.

Putting my best foot forward on the path of healthy feet and skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All questions and comments are welcomed.